Monday, 22 February 2010

collaborations

I'd like to start by expressing my extreme hatred for the new Sonia Rykiel for H&M range. I quite liked the underwear from last season, the navy and black versions as well as the nude colours. They were... nice to look at but not really practical as underwear or outerwear (and I couldn't help but notice most of it is now in the sale section).

I simply haven't the words for what is to follow;




This is just a snippet of the childrenswear on offer from Sonia Rykiel at H&M. I'm particularly baffled by the last outfit, which looks like leisurewear from Matalan. Now there is nothing wrong with Matalan, but you don't see Matalan at Paris Fashion Week.

Sonia Rykiel is famed for her knitwear, I was disappointed with the selection, Thick stripes of clashing unattractive colours and Barbie pink with big cheap diamantes. Eurgh.

On a lighter note, popped in to Topshop for some feminine spring clothes as I promised myself, got these;


The picture doesn't do the first dress any justice, there are several horizontal straps across an open back, and the waist falls in the perfect place, really flattering and summery. I was a bit wary about the second one but thought I might as well go for cut out dress, and the style is really versatile, it can easily be dressed up with heels or jewellery, or dressed down with a belt and pumps. I also want some light denim shorts, but think it'll have to be a DIY job on my old Ralph Lauren jeans as none on the high street seem to fit my stumpy legs properly.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about the Sonia Rykiel line! Isn't it weird? I was so disappointed.
    Love those Topshop dresses, especially the cut-out one. I am well overdue for a visit to Toppers, fo' shure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cut out Topshop dress :) :) And I actually thought the same about the new Sonia Rykiel H&M collection, the only thing I liked a little was the hot pink blazer!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, and thank you for following!

    Chlo

    http://fromwalkwaytowardobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete